FLAMINGO FUN FACTS
1. Flamingos are monogamous by nature, and only lay around one egg per year.
2. It takes flamingos about three years to get their pink and red feathers.
3. The flamingo is the national bird of The Bahamas.
5. Flamingos=water birds. They live in and around lagoons or lakes.
7. Don Featherstone of Massachusetts is the inventor of the pink plastic lawn flamingo, which first went on sale in 1958.
9. There was an old greater flamingo that lived to be 83 YEARS OLD at the Adelaide Zoo in Australia. The flamingo sadly passed away in 2014.
4. Adult flamingos' feathers range from light pink to bright red due to their food supply. The brighter the feathers, the more well-fed the flamingo is.
6. A flock of flamingos is called a stand or a
8. Flamingos are very social. They live in colonies of thousands of birds.
10. There are six species of flamingo.